May was “Member Month,” a concept we came up with as a way to let people know that we have a membership program without pushing it on them endlessly. The idea was to do a sort of public-television-style “pledge break” for a month and then cool it for a year. We haven’t done one since before the pandemic, but we got our acts together to do it this year.
We posted a lot of extra stuff this month just for members, mostly in our First Class podcast feed, just one of the many benefits of being part of The Incomparable.
Here’s what we posted:
- 12 different mini episodes about “Wynonna Earp” bonus content
- A commentary track for a very interesting episode of “Star Trek: Voyager”
- Monty and Rhias vs. the “Warcraft” feature film
- John Siracusa and Jason Snell play Inhuman Conditions, a game in which murderous robots pretend to be human beings
- A three-hour-long members-only Whitesparrow Total Party Kill adventure (also available as a video)
- An Agents of SMOOCH “sleepover movie” draft
- The first full-length episode of the new season of Incomparable Radio Theater
- A commentary track for “The Avengers” featuring the hosts of BIFF!
- The old-movie podcasters of Lions, Towers, and Shields get a little more contemporary while covering 1972’s “What’s Up, Doc?”
- Glenn Fleishman leads an international crew in eating sweets not found in their home regions (also available as a video)
- Jason and five guests who are not John Siracusa do a commentary track for “Real Genius”
- A bonus episode of A Complicated Profession covering some lesser-known Obi-Wan content
- Beginner’s Puck discussing an obscure hockey musical
- Scott and Jason of Vulcan Hello watching “Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The Director’s Edition”
- Lazy Doctor Who trivial pursuit
- Defocused watches “Shrek the Third”
- The crew of the USS Incomparable plays another game of the Star Trek RPG
There were also three video live streams just for members, where we played games and hung out.
Thanks to all our members for supporting us! And if you’re not a member… rectify that! There’s so much good stuff just for members.