Your privacy is important to The Incomparable, Six Colors, and our parent company, The Incomparable Inc. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that The Incomparable Inc. collects, and the ways in which The Incomparable Inc. uses that personal information.
Personal Information Collection
The Incomparable Inc. may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- At theincomparable.com and sixcolors.com, you provide your name and email address. That is the only information we have for you and all we need to operate the theincomparable.com and sixcolors.com (“Websites”) or the The Incomparable/Six Colors Newsletter (“Newsletter”);
- We use third third-party vendors, identified below, to help with delivery of the newsletter and processing of your payment. We never see any of your full credit card number or payment details, which are handled through Stripe;
- If you participate in the Incomparable/Six Colors membership forums, you will create additional user-generated content, which is used for the forum only.
- If we need to send physical goods to your mailing address in exchange for your membership at a tier that receives those gifts, we will ask for that information at the required time.
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
The Incomparable/Six Colors asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
- Explicit Consent: When you sign up for the newsletter (either free or paid), user forums, or any other account at theincomparable.com or sixcolors.com, you provide explicit consent for The Incomparable Inc. to collect the above listed personal information.
- Contract: If you enter an agreement with theincomparable.com and sixcolors.com for the provision of services in exchange for payment, theincomparable.com and sixcolors.com will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
- Legitimate Interests: Finally, theincomparable.com and sixcolors.com may have additional legitimate interests for the collection of the above listed personal information.
Using Personal Information
The Incomparable Inc. may use your personal information to:
- administer theincomparable.com and sixcolors.com and/or the The Incomparable/Six Colors newsletter;
- personalize the websites for you by displaying your name or changing the appearance of the websites according to your settings if you log in;
- enable your access to and use of the websites services;
- send to you the newsletter and account-related email;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you
- send you marketing communications; and
- send you physical membership gifts through the mail if you are eligible for those gifts.
Where The Incomparable Inc. discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. Except for the third-party vendors that collect your data separately when you sign up and pay, The Incomparable/Six Colors has never shared any of its user data with any third parties.
The Incomparable Inc. uses the following data processors with respect to the personal information collected:
Data Retention Policy
Data will only be retained as long as you remain subscribed to The Incomparable/Six Colors plus one year following termination.
Securing your data
The Incomparable Inc. will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. If The Incomparable Inc. stores any of your data, it will do so on secure servers.
Slack community posts
Be advised that The Incomparable/Six Colors does not monitor Slack posts for disclosure of any personal information you may post in any user-generated content. Slack includes tools allowing you to edit or delete your posts. If you need assistance, you may contact The Incomparable Inc. with the contact information below.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the websites will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Websites or Newsletter. If you are under 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on The Incomparable Inc.. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
- The Incomparable Inc. does not track users, who interact with its websites across the web, and therefore does not use “do not track” signals.
- The Incomparable Inc. does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from users on any The Incomparable Inc. websites for third party use through advertising technologies.
The Incomparable/Six Colors seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pursuant to this regulation, you have the following rights on this websites:
- Right to be forgotten: You may cancel your account at any time. If you wish your data to be permanently deleted, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and sixcolors.com and it will be deleted within 72 hours.
- Right to object: We have never performed any data science projects on user data and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If, at some point in the future we determine a use for any sort of data science project on our user data, we will notify you in writing before doing so. In that event you may remove your contact data from any such project by emailing us at email@example.com and sixcolors.com with the subject line “Opt Out of Data Science”.
- Right to access and rectification: You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and sixcolors.com at any time to access copies of all user data we retain for you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you from our servers immediately upon your request.
- Right of portability: We only retain your name and email address. Nevertheless, we will provide that information to you upon your request.
In addition to the above, an “unsubscribe” option is automatically included in the footer of every newsletter. This allows you to easily unsubscribe from the newsletter. In the event you unsubscribe, we will immediately stop sending you the newsletter. Please note that unsubscribing from the newsletter with the newsletter’s “unsubscribe” button does not cancel your account with The Incomparable Inc.. In order to do so, please log in at theincomparable.com or sixcolors.com and cancel your account(s).
Updating this statement
theincomparable.com and sixcolors.com and the newsletter contains links to other websites. The Incomparable Inc. is not responsible for the contents of those third party websites or responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact The Incomparable Inc.
- by email to email@example.com; or
- by post to P.O. Box 2044, Mill Valley, CA, 94942.
Posted May 21, 2018 3:37 PM.