It wasn’t a new idea, but it took a long time for the powers that be to take it seriously. Alyssa traverses the twists and turns that brought the notion of a female Doctor to reality. Chip reflects on the best thing about being a Doctor Who fan, and the best TIME to be one. Plus the news, in the penultimate week before Jodie Whittaker takes the stage.
The long road to a woman Doctor
Download file (25 M)
Highlights (click to jump)
- 01:47 — DWM highlights
- 05:24 — WARREN FREY, please don't listen to this bit
- 06:05 — Back to DWM...
- 07:03 — The Whittaker Press Tour presses on
- 07:50 — Missy: The Audio Adventures
- 08:24 — Last words about the S11 trailer
- 12:22 — rosiedoesartsometimes on Instagram: Two thumbs up! (With finger guns)
- 12:49 — Alyssa's Moment is being prepared for
- 14:35 — The long road to a woman Doctor
- 30:24 — Essay: The best thing about fandom; the best time to be a fan
Want to comment on this episode?
Or become a member and join our special members-only community!